Friday, March 12, 2010

winning bid

Last November, our high school had a silent auction. In order to help support the cause, King and I bid on a few things. He bid on golf packages, I bid on hair dressers and house cleaning. Turns out I was the highest bidder on the maid-for-a-day auction item.
Now, any normal person would be excited to have won such a treat. And. I mean. I am. Sort of.
It has taken me this long (since November) to actually make the appointment for the one time cleaning. It is Tuesday. Odd thing is, I dread it.
No, silly, I don't dread having a clean house. Not at all. I dread all the cleaning-before-the-cleaning which has to be done and all the complaining that goes along with that.

King nor the children understand the fact that maids only clean. They do not pick the crapola off the floor or put dirty undies in the hamper for lazy punks who can't do it for themselves.... Nope. No Lego Patrol, no laundry folding service, no organizing the papers which clutter the dining room table.
They change sheets, dust, clean bathrooms, and vacuum. C'est tout!

"Well, if we have all the mess picked up before they get here, we may as well clean it ourselves," someone was overheard to say.

uh. yeah.
y'suppose?

5 comments:

Catherine B. said...

Finally! I feel the EXACT same way! I could never have a maid b/c I'd be too stressed out. (see the conflict here?) At least you have reprieve from the cleaning they will do :))

vcrick said...

My family never understood cleaning before the cleaning lady came. It only makes sense. I am on your side.

lizzerd said...

julie's mom used to pay me to come "clean for the maid". i keep trying to get a group of moms to do rotating, reciprocal cleaning, but no one seems interested. it's always easier to clean someone else's house, so i think it would work out.

Maria (also Bia) said...

joe once got gave me a day's cleaning service...i actually cleaned the showers BEFORE they came...and i wiped down the fridge.

too much work having maids.

Anita said...

Ha! Let the maid service do their job and enjoy yourself. You deserve a treat!