Tuesday, March 16, 2010

black and white and red all over

Some lucky bastard could really have scored big time on America's Funniest Videos if they had've had a camera aimed in my direction this afternoon. I was wearing these great black, flowy pants like my friend Bia wears sometimes. They are so comfortable.

Did I mention they were flowy? As in wide-legged.... billowy. The kind of pants with legs that are so billowy and blowy-flowy that when you step up on the sidewalk with your left foot, half of the wide-leg blowy part is still where you started out.

(why am I not speaking in first person anymore?)
And then when you try to take a step with your right foot, the shoe gets tangled in the flowy-blowy-wide-billowy part from your left leg and you fall. Down. Down. Down... onto the pavement... scraping knees, wrists, hands, and ..... face.

Or at least that is what I do when I wear wide-legged, billowy, blowy-flowy black pants.
Sad thing is: this is the second time it has happened.
Wonder if they trip Bia up like that?

5 comments:

Maria (also Bia) said...

that's why, when i wear my black, flowy pants, i also wear dansko clogs so nothing drags or gets caught and i don't trip. . .

of course, sometimes i still trip anyway.

btw, i was in hobby lobby today and they had a display with silhouettes . . . boxes, frames, vases...all with silhouettes. i thought if your dining room needs some accent pieces???

lizzerd said...

oh no!! bless your heart! i have to be careful when i wear them. my shoes get caught in them. i have nearly fallen a few times.

Soutenus said...

Laughing at your post and comments. My blog stops just MAKE my day sometimes ;-)

Happy St Patrick's day!

From Saint Patrick's Breastplate
Christ be with me
Christ before me
Christ behind me
Christ in me
Christ beneath me
Christ above me
Christ on my right
Christ on my left
Christ where I lie
Christ where I sit
Christ where I arise
Christ in the heart of every man
who thinks of me
Christ in the mouth of every man
who speaks of me
Christ in every eye that sees me
Christ in every ear that hears me
Salvation is of the Lord.

Anita said...

My advice: Good bye billowy black britches! Not worth the cost to face or pride!

vcrick said...

...and I didn't even mention your name.