Sunday, March 21, 2010

going long on aisle 15

So, due to circumstances beyond my control, I have made a conscious decision to be less controlling, to lighten up and "enjoy the moment" a bit more. (It's still a struggle, but look people, I'm trying, ok?)
That being said, this morning after Mass, we had to go to the grocery store. Number 4, the gumball hog, brought a mini football into Bi-Lo. As my oldest and I were thumbing through the coupons, deciding which ones we could use, King and 4 were throwing long passes to each other.
Right in the front of the store!
Believe me, I swallowed hard on this one. Thankfully the store was not crowded. Also, rather than nagging, I enlisted their help in searching out the best deals (store brand vs name brand with coupon).
This kept them busy until the very end of our excursion......at which time they were THROWING HAIL MARY PASSES IN THE DOG FOOD AISLE!!!!! King thought it was rawther funny and appropriate that on Sunday morning, they were making Our Lady a part of such a mundane activity such as grocery shopping.
I had to agree that it was a religious experience for me too, as I was praying to God that no one would know that I was with them!

No comments: