Saturday, March 20, 2010

don't know if it is a charmed life, but its better than sitting in a pile of manure

While attending my grandparents' 70th wedding anniversary party today, our family got to spend time with some of our Very. Favorite. People. On. Earth. I received a very kind compliment from my aunt. She follows my blog and is impressed at the life I am giving to my family. She went on to say that she liked the way I write and that my words paint a picture of a charmed life.
Her sweet words truly melted my heart and I thanked her from the bottom of my heart. But in a quiet honesty told her, "Eh, I have just become really good at polishing turds."

It's all in how you see things.

3 comments:

MaryPat said...

HAHAHA-polishing turds!
She's absolutely right-you have a gift, well many creative gifts. And I would say other than being a wonderful mother/teacher/friend, your calling is writing.

M said...

Wow, your grandparents are still alive, and celebrating their 70th anniversary?! Wow! How cool!

:o) mg said...

Mary, in addition to my swollen feet and ankles from all those weak margaritas the other night, I now have a "swollen head". LOL
;) jk