Friday, August 3, 2007

when things are lost

For the past two days we have been tearing up the house and yard looking for hubby's keys. He (or #4?) lost them when he was detailing the van to get it ready to sell.
I'm sure everyone has gone through this black-cloud-over-the-head feeling when they have lost something fairly important. My sister reminded me to ask for the intercession of St. Anthony. I have heard the little sing-songy "prayer" which goes "Dear St. Anthony please come around. Something is lost and cannot be found." But I thought I would do a Google search and find something a little more respectable. I found this on a site that has many more beautiful prayers asking for the intercession of St. Anthony.
Dear St. Anthony, you are the patron of the poor and the helper of all who seek lost articles. Help me to find the object I have lost so that I will be able to make better use of the time that I will gain for God's greater honor and glory. Grant your gracious aid to all people who seek what they have lost---especially those who seek to regain God's grace. Amen.

Man, it's gonna feel good to be able to say we found those things.... and shake this feeling of doom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you ever find the keys?

Kathy Gillen said...

That prayer to St. Anthony is a great way to put the right perspective on a lost item. I've been missing a Christmas present, well since about New Years. It is a painting my mother-in-law gave me and I put it somewhere in the house and can't find it. One day I spent over an hour tearing through closets and drawers. I still haven't found it. I tell myself it will turn up.