Tuesday, August 7, 2007

someone's getting a good laugh

I was just flipping through the channels and saw that Oprah (second airing of today's program) had Al Gore on as a guest. Whoever is feeding him information on this whole Global Warming scheme must be sitting back laughing his rear end off.

If anyone actually remembers anything they learned in Physical Science class in the ninth grade, they will question the concept that melting ice in Antarctica is creating such chaos. If the Earth were not so unfathomably enormous, perhaps humans could make a difference by changing a light bulb. But, when you consider that you can fit all the humans on the entire planet in the state of Texas and still have plenty of "personal space" left, I just don't see it.

You can argue with statistics. (Since it was one of the few courses in college that I aced, I know that you cannot trust statistical data. It is so easily manipulated.) You can cite all kinds of research on both sides of the scientific spectrum. However, it all boils down to a simple truth for me.

Why in the world would God create such a wonderful place for us to live, with its overwhelmingly beautiful landscape, fascinating animals, and breathtaking botanicals but yet make it so delicate that a lightbulb can lead to its destruction? This planet we are on is ever-changing. Always has been, always will be.

I think these wacko extremists with gargantuan egos are not content. Their souls innately cry out to answer to a higher power. Their minds have convinced them that they ARE their own god. And then, sadly, they use scare tactics to bring people over to their way of thinking.

Here's something to think about.... so what if the Earth were to be destroyed tomorrow. If I can put my head down at night with no regrets, what's the big deal? I'm thinking that folks like Al Gore must not be able to do that. They are so unhappy with their lives that they want to be immortal ... living forever in a world that never changes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

amen, sistah! you should check out a video made by the bbc that counters the gore movie. it is called "the great global warming swindle." it is about an hour long, but so worth seeing!
algore is the anti-christ, i am just sure of it!

Leah said...

I'm not sure about Al Gore being the anti-christ, but I definately agree with Global Warming being a scheme.
The whole idea is nonsense. As my sister suggested, just as the hemispheres have there seasons, so does the earth. We just happen to be in Spring time for the whole earth. Note the dramatic rain fall all over the world. In Texas it rained everyday in the month of July where I live. We didn't get one day off!
All that reminds me that Jesus prophecied the "summer" of the fig tree. "By this you know that summer is near," is more than a figment of speech, it is the Truth that this world will end soon.
We know that the end will come, it was promised us in the Bible, and I long for the day I see the Son of God coming in the skies. It will be a glorious day for those of us who know Him, and a terrifying day for those that deny Him.
Those chanting "Global Warming" will probably blame the disappearance of millions on Global Warming. It will be their montra. Let us pray not all those left behind will fall prey to their trap.

Kathy Gillen said...

Love your take on the comfort level you have if the world ends tomorrow. I agree with you on the Global Warming issue. It is hype. Yes there may be a few areas that humans have negatively impacted the earth, but the earth is, as you say, huge. I used to worry more about environmental issues until about 15 years ago when my husband and I spent 2 months in hiking and backpacking across the Western States. There is sooooo much space. I do trust God that he gave us the resources and space we need. I think we can be good stewards of His world and still cool off in overly airconditioned houses, lit by multiple bright lights!