- Dice 4 cups apples (a tart variety is nice...I used a smallish red variety that is tart, though I don't know what the name is offhand) - either with or without the peel. I prefer the peel because it makes me think I am getting tons more fiber.
- Put in microwave safe dish
- Sprinkle with cinnamon. You will not need sugar. The sugar from the apples is plenty.
- Cover dish with clingy plastic wrap
- Microwave for 10 minutes. Let cool! (*can be eaten cold)
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream on top. Thank me when you see me. :)
It is so yummy. Almost an apple cheesecake flavor. Not only is this a Simple. Sugar-Free. dessert, it can be paired with other things to make one helluva great dessert (though not necessarily sugar free).
I love to make trifle. So check out my trifle idea: Sour cream pound cake (diced) place a layer of the cake on the bottom of your trifle dish. Apple layer. Sour cream layer. Cake, apple, sour cream, etc. Then get a plate that fits just inside your trifle bowl and smash all the layers together. Cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate. Serve.