Thursday, July 15, 2010

thank me later

  1. Dice 4 cups apples (a tart variety is nice...I used a smallish red variety that is tart, though I don't know what the name is offhand) - either with or without the peel. I prefer the peel because it makes me think I am getting tons more fiber.
  2. Put in microwave safe dish
  3. Sprinkle with cinnamon. You will not need sugar. The sugar from the apples is plenty.
  4. Cover dish with clingy plastic wrap
  5. Microwave for 10 minutes. Let cool! (*can be eaten cold)
  6. Serve with a dollop of sour cream on top. Thank me when you see me. :)

It is so yummy. Almost an apple cheesecake flavor. Not only is this a Simple. Sugar-Free. dessert, it can be paired with other things to make one helluva great dessert (though not necessarily sugar free).

I love to make trifle. So check out my trifle idea: Sour cream pound cake (diced) place a layer of the cake on the bottom of your trifle dish. Apple layer. Sour cream layer. Cake, apple, sour cream, etc. Then get a plate that fits just inside your trifle bowl and smash all the layers together. Cover with plastic wrap, refrigerate. Serve.

No comments: