Wednesday, July 21, 2010

now reading

Still trying to get through Surprised by Joy by C.S. Lewis (Every time I pick it up, I read a few pages and fall asleep. On the upside, I am catching up on sleep.)

Per my sister's suggestion: Secret Life of Bees (Just got it yesterday but haven't opened it yet.)

And for the book club: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (This book is moving so slow that it is pissing me off. I don't even want to pick it up again. I just look at it and keep walking. Isn't that terrible?!?!)

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

hi, found you through the HILARIOUS and BEST comment ever! left at Pdub's. of the 3 books you mentioned, the only one I truly enjoyed was secret life of bees. the others: just too boring for me...

nice to meet you!

Anita said...

CS Lewis is always a slow read. Wonder if he was any fun when he was at the pub with his best friend, JRR Tolkein? Can you imagine the depth of conversation between the two of them. Sort of getting a headache trying to imagine it. Once when a student was trying to find CS Lewis at Oxford, he ran into JRRT at the bottom of Lewis' staircase. After the student asked JRRT if he had found Lewis, JRRT replied, "You may have found him but you will never find the depth of him."

Ok, then..pass the next pint...