Saturday, August 22, 2009

grrrrrrr...

I'm a bit grumpy tonight.

For one, I messed up a craft I was working on. Cute one too. Thankfully it was only $2 worth of material... but it was a goodly-sized chunk of time. *sigh*

Another reason I am a grumpster is that some woman called and when I said hello, she asked, "who is this?" I absolutely despise it when someone calls and says that... so rude. I mean if you don't know who it is you need to speak to, then don't use the phone.

Then when I tell her my name she asks me why I called earlier. "Uh, no ma'am, I didn't call you. Perhaps you misdialed."

Indignantly she said, "NO, this is the number that was on my caller ID, I copied it down."

"Well, ma'am, I sure don't understand, because I didn't call."

Still indignant. "Well, ok then." (as if to say, "well, then, you asked for it!" or "I don't believe you.")

Are you kidding me lady? I haven't called anyone, I've been busy wasting my time on some stupid craft idea that went kaputz... I don't have time to call weirdos like you who can't admit they misdialed or need a stronger prescription of glasses."

If only I had the body parts needed to say something like that.... but then again, it wouldn't be me, so..... maybe I should just get some rest, huh?

No comments: