Friday, February 1, 2013

just.that.easy.

Ok, let me start by saying I can't stand it when the kids (or "whomever....") heat up something in the microwave and then walk away from the mess it may leave.  I have begged and pleaded, but... (I know, I don't really have to finish that sentence, do I?) 

So, I saw on a certain website a tip for cleaning microwaves. 

"Surely it can't be that easy," I thought.

But, yep.  It was that easy.

I put 2 cups of water and 1-ish cups of vinegar in my one quart capacity glass measuring cup.  Then I put it in the nasty microwave and turned it on for 6 minutes.  The water started boiling.  I got nervous, but plodded along with my experiment.  The microwave turned off, but I left the door closed.  Five minutes later, I opened the door, wiped the steamy microwave clean simply using a paper towel.  Amazing. 

1 comment:

Anita said...

Shut.Up. That is way too easy!
For real?!