Ok, let me start by saying I can't stand it when the kids (or "whomever....") heat up something in the microwave and then walk away from the mess it may leave. I have begged and pleaded, but... (I know, I don't really have to finish that sentence, do I?)
So, I saw on a certain website a tip for cleaning microwaves.
"Surely it can't be that easy," I thought.
But, yep. It was that easy.
I put 2 cups of water and 1-ish cups of vinegar in my one quart capacity glass measuring cup. Then I put it in the nasty microwave and turned it on for 6 minutes. The water started boiling. I got nervous, but plodded along with my experiment. The microwave turned off, but I left the door closed. Five minutes later, I opened the door, wiped the steamy microwave clean simply using a paper towel. Amazing.