Tuesday, September 16, 2008

some beanstalk

Over lunch, Number 4 told me that he had found some magic beans outside. He said that he and his sister (#3 for those of you keeping up or taking notes) planted them. He said they had patted them and that they were hidden under the mulch. His sister must have told him not to stomp on them, because he swore he didn't.

"Dey gonna gwow, Mommy." Through a bite of cheese sandwich, he added, "Big beanstalk."

"Oh yeah?" I mused, "Well, are you going to climb the beanstalk and see the giant?"

"Nope, I gonna see Jesus."

2 comments:

Maria (also Bia) said...

That is just so, so sweet! Yesterday our little one said, "Jesus is going to help me", and when I asked in what way, he answered, "with school".

I love the simple faith of children.

Anonymous said...

Aww that IS sweet!