Wednesday, September 10, 2008

...and your hand over my mouth

Y'know what is uncomfortable? and occasionally disappointing? It is brought to the forefront about this time every four years.... political differences.

It never fails. Though the following is a hypothetical situation, something like it has happened more often than I'd like to remember.
So there I am in full soapbox mode about something I feel strongly about and lo and behold, someone I thought I knew well is standing in the opposing team's dugout. Perhaps not too vocal in his or her opinions, but dressed out in full uniform. Gulp. I immediately go from soapbox mode to crawl under a rock and hide mode.

"Lord, keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yep... AWKWARD! been there, done that!!!