Wednesday, September 17, 2008

smells like road trip to me

If only my plants would grow as fast as #2. That boy has "taken a growth spurt" like none I've ever seen before.
King noticed that clothes were spilling out of his chest of drawers a couple of weeks back and I've been trying to get the time to go through it all, weeding out what doesn't fit and refolding what does fit.
This afternoon, he finished his homework early and I handed him an empty laundry basket and told him to clean out his drawers (muah ha ha ha). He brought it back overflowing with stuff. He tried on every single thing and we filled a big garbage bag full of stuff.
At present he has NO jeans, NO dress pants, a ton of shorts, and another ton of long sleeve t shirts.
I smell a road trip to da Gootwheel!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know this happens between 6th and 8th grade.

Anonymous said...

we had to do the same thing for julia. found some cute jeans for her at the GW & got a couple of outfits at family dollar, too!

Anonymous said...

Goodwill or Salvation Army is a mothers best friend til the kids slow the growing down.