Thursday, September 4, 2008

looking toward autumn

Each year I look forward to the day that I wake up to find the sun is just a smidgen different on its axis. It is the day which brings hope that fall is on its way. It isn't always a cooler day, but the light that is cast is just a little different. Last year it came in mid-August. It was a scorcher of a day, but I knew that I could hold on a little longer.
I have been so busy the past month, I haven't been alert enough to pay attention to the sun and how it sits on its axis. And, in fact, it has been so wonderfully rainy the past two weeks, that we've hardly seen the sun at all. (I am hoping to hear that all the rain has brought up the level of the nearby lakes.)
But, in case it hasn't happened already this year, today could certainly be the day. This morning brought a few more of the senses (sight and touch) on board to herald the impending fall season. Though humid, it was cool.

Gorgeous!

1 comment:

Maria (also Bia) said...

Fall is my absolute favorite time of year, and we've been getting some definite hints of it lately. Every morning this week I've opened all the windows; there's something so homey about letting in fresh air and watching curtains flap in the breeze.

My mind is going forward to pumpkins, afternoon football games, and hot bowls of soup.

Blessings, and have a wonderful weekend.