Thursday, September 11, 2008

my choice

Not that it will matter in the lives of others one iota, but here is why I am a McCain/Palin supporter rather than an Obama/Biden (note how closely that resembles Osama Bin Laden!) fan.
A cousin, an aunt, and a sister of mine (the one that is my favorite) are all in an email dialogue about our political choices. Sadly, the cousin is one of those on the other guy's team. Although he is displaying liberal tendencies, he swears he is not gay. And he does NOT eat quiche, and he is allergic to pink. Just be careful not to take away his Starbucks coffee in the morning, ok? ;o)

Ennyhoo, as I wrote in my last email: The thing that scares me the most about a future with "President Obama" is not his inexperience, his stance on taxes/big government, or the fact that he seems slicker'n owlshit. Its the "unknown". We don't really know this guy. He has not been in public office long at all. Face it, whether the media downplays it or not, the dude runs with some really scary characters. Violent friends. Some who talk a big game, others who actually do violent things. I think a race war - unlike anything Rodney King could get us out of with his wise, yet crack-induced words - is a distinct possibility.
I am glad I don't live in Atlanta or Chicago or Detroit (Well, I am anyway for the fact that I despise a big city, but for the sake of this argument as well.) because Lord help us all if the man is assassinated in office. Riots and conspiracy theories will be more rampant than a case of head lice going through a class of first graders.
I wasn't a McCain supporter during the initial stages of this game (as in before the primaries), but I do think he picked a very strong VP candidate in Sarah Palin. Aside from the whole race war thing, I feel very confident in McCain's ability to make sound decisions.
Obama...mmmm.... notsomuch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I hear you regarding Obama. I am a McCain/Palin supporter too. Obama scares the bejeezas out of me. And I love the comparision of Obama/Biden names and Osamba Bin Laden.