Sunday, June 8, 2008

week one

Well, we survived week one of summer vacation. It wasn't as bad this year as it has been in years past. Perhaps dangling the carrot....er... pool in front of them as a reward for having a good day has helped a bit.
Though, just this afternoon, I hit my patience limit on the "kid droppings" that are littered throughout the house. I officially became a nag. I found myself saying several times There's a place for everything and everything goes in its place.
The upside is that tonight I can actually walk into the kids' rooms, and not trip over dirty clothes, books, or army men.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In the summer, when we used to have Roy's kids here too, the girls drove me crazy with clothes,etc laying all over the house. So I got a big box and told them that if I found anything laying where it didn't belong, it was mine for a week. Wow, the magic words because if something was out and they saw me coming,it was a mad dash to get it and put it up.