Friday, June 13, 2008

friday the thirteenth

So, if I was superstitious, it could explain the day I had. It would be great to be able to blame this awful day on SOMETHING. Here are a few of the day's highlights:

  • I did not get to work out this morning (got a slow burn going on that one - don't get me started!)
  • Let's call it...er... a "diaper malfunction" bright and early with kid #5 which required a bath and a load of laundry
  • three phone calls at 8:15 am... one of the callers was actually on my front porch trying to get me to come to the door (had the baby in the bathtub, so I couldn't answer the phone OR the door!)
  • finally got downstairs and had to answer the door mostly dressed (as in my bra was downstairs)
  • no milk for cereal
  • small tiff with King before breakfast over who was going to cook the eggs (turned out it was me, since he had to go take a shower)
  • constantly being screamed at by a 2 year old (I've mentioned before that he suffers from a Napoleonic complex, right?)
  • another "diaper malfunction" at nap time (no, poop is not an art medium ... and by the way, you are supposed to cry or something so I'll know you are awake!!) which, of course, required a bath and a load of laundry
  • after volunteering for an event the Irish Dance school puts on dinner was from Wendy's drive through... and was a Chicken BLT salad - but when I got home, I found NO chicken... went back and waited in the long drive through line AGAIN just to get some. Really. Crispy. (aka burned) Chicken
  • it's nearly 11pm and I have to get up by 5:30 tomorrow morning and be cheerful to a 13 year old who will certainly not be pleased to be getting up that early.

So, was there a ladder I walked under recently? Or, maybe it was a black cat that crossed the road or something?

Nah, I suppose it was just one of those days that makes me really appreciate the ones that aren't like this.

2 comments:

Maria (also Bia) said...

Hope Saturday, the 14th, turned out better for you.

Thanks for checking in with me. After getting back from our "un-vacation" it took me a couple of days to recover (I didn't get sick, just tired). Then, this week we've had a bit of company.

Tell your #4 that I could use some doughnuts, too.

God bless. Happy Father's Day to King!

Anonymous said...

the only bad thing that happened to us was that we got stuck in traffic in charlotte & again in atlanta, but it was to be expected on a friday. sorry to hear you had a "crappy" day (literally).