Wednesday, June 4, 2008

chocolate: the once-a-month cure all

My oldest, after a beautiful morning together with her siblings, started "going sour". Trying to divert the collision I saw in the near future, I brought some silliness into the room and started joking around. Still, I saw her mood careening toward her siblings.
Ah, the phone rings! (Thank you, Jesus, for whomever is on the other end of the line.)
"Hello? Why certainly the two middle children can come swim!!!" (Thank you again, Jesus!)

20 minutes later, the two are off to a friend's house to swim and I walk into the kitchen where Number 1 is fixing herself a toddy: chocolate milk- heavy on the chocolate.

"Mmmm.... I was wondering if a little chocolate was what you needed."

"Yeah," she said sheepishly.

"I know EXACTLY how you feel!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

chocolate: it's not just for breakfast anymore! haha
bless her heart, at such a tender age she knows the mood-healing powers of chocolate.

Kathy Gillen said...

I've been self-medicating with chocolate since I was about 13! I hope her love affair with chocolate is the only one she has for a long time!