Friday, October 12, 2007

ok, enough poking for one day

I've been poked with enough needles for a whole year, much less one day. Counting it all up, it is 6 times.
This morning, I had a small surgery on my scalp. A type of cyst removed. The "old timers" would call it a wen. But now I am wen-free. (Just don't call me Oprah, as hubby was wanting to do.) Four times the dermotologist poked me with his novocane-filled syringe
The next needle experience was late this afternoon. I was altering a formal dress for a party that # 1 is invited to. Whirr, whirr, whirr on the machine and then BOOM, sewed right through my finger, which would have been bad enough, but then I instinctively pulled away.
Yeeeeee owwwww!
King insisted I go to the ER (which makes this altered dress from Goodwill over $100 rather than under $5!!!) where they took x-rays (couldn't find the end of the needle at home) and decided the only treatment I needed was a tetanus shot. Chalk up the sixth run-in with the painful end of a needle.
Sigh.
I'm going to bed before something else happens. I'll probably dream about needles. Good thing it's not Halloween night and I don't have an apple in my hand, huh? (or is that razor blades?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! not my idea of a fun day, but you spend your time however you want. haha just kidding! sorry to hear about all of the poking happening to you. i hope your finger feels better soon!! love you!

Kathy Gillen said...

Yikes! I have one of those wens I think. I keep avoiding it cause I know I should have it removed. Now I really don't want to. I'll just remember not to sew on the same day. Did the dress get altered before your daughter's event?