Friday, October 5, 2007

e is for espresso (e is for envy)

A friend of mine invited me over to have cappuccino yesterday (and I just realized that I misspelled the word in my thank you note to her). She has a Barista Espresso machine. Let me go on record as saying that was the most delicious beverage I have ever had in my life. I told King that it was as good or better than the cappuccinos we had after Mass in that cute little sandwich shop in London a few years ago. Mmmmm... good memories. Which brings me back to yesterday.

After my reaction to the incredible, creamy goodness that's only 100 times better than "regular coffee" I inquired about the machine. Although hers was a gift from a very generous sister-in-law (hint hint Tish or Kath) she told me that Starbucks was phasing them out and had them marked down to $100 or less in their stores. When I got home, I promptly called every single Starbucks we have in this town (which is approximately one storefront per capita). Sadly, they were all sold out. Every last one.
Color me green.

2 comments:

Maria (also Bia) said...

mg, you are too funny! i know my mom and my best friend each bought one, so i can account for two of the sold ones in our area. however, anytime you want a cappuccino, just come on over. also, next time you come i can show you a "cheat" way to make one using a Bialetti stovetop espresso machine . . . and that one is less than $20!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o) mg said...

Bia~
You did it! You got me through my first cappuccino! Not too shabby either. Hey, you'd be proud, we even had biscotti.
Look at your calendar and see when you and your own train enthusiast can come this way.
Anyone else?
:o)