Sunday, January 4, 2009

yuck factor: high

Twenty minutes into the hour-or-so trip to go pick up the oldest kids from my sis-in-law, I realize, after pulling onto the side of the interstate, that the baby does not have her pacifier. It's her naptime. I was hoping she'd snooze and I'd have an easier trip. I resolved, as I climbed back into the driver's seat, to be as patient as possible with her tired, grumpy whining and crying.
"She'll fall asleep after she wears herself out, " I thought.
Not so.
Nor on the way home.
However, five minutes from home, she did discover that her big toe was nearly the same size as her paci.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

isn't there photographic evidence of her mother doing the same thing?

:o) mg said...

I was a thumb girl.... besides, I don't even think I was walking in that picture, so the yuck factor isn't as high when there's no dirt on the toes.