Sunday, January 18, 2009

beginnings

There are logical places to start when undertaking something big. Like dieting.


I had gotten so off track between Halloween and Christmas. It got so bad around the end of the year that I joked that I was putting myself through aversion therapy from all things sweet. I don't know if it is because I tend to be compulsive, or if everyone is this way, but the first of the year was the perfect time to start getting back to the way I know is the right way to eat. It is also the same compulsion that makes me want to start back exercising on a Monday.

Since the beginning of the year, King has either been out of town or there has been some other hurdle standing in the way of me getting back to the gym. Tomorrow, though, I am saying a prayer that the Lord will help clear my path (the main part of the obstructions being the ones in my mind!) and that I will get back in the game. Back on track. In talking with a friend who follows my blog, I reminisced about the day I actually jogged a mile on that treadmill. Something I've always wanted to do... at least since high school.



And, a word to the girls: Let's hittit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, you know you have your very own cheering section!!! YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! go mg!!!!