Tuesday, July 22, 2008

why, oh why, oh why

So, ennyhoo, I joined a second gym to supplement the Curves workout last week. This one is a very serious gym. It is located in an old grocery store space if that gives an indication as to how large it is. There must be 5 million dollars worth of equipment in there. On one wall alone there are about 20 treadmills. Thankfully, there is a "ladies only" room with a handful of cardio machines and a full circuit of strength training machines.
I have decided to go after 9 when the kids are settling down and King is at home to watch over their slumber. Last week I was able to go four times, and I just got to go again tonight. I decided after I did my "routine" in the ladies only room, that I would venture out into the large room with people who are already in shape and try out some for-serious-people-only ab machines. I went to the front desk and asked someone to show me how to do them.

OH. MY. GOD.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah baby!!!! now you're cooking with gas! now you know why they say, "no pain, no gain." you'll feel that for a while. but, from personal experience i can tell you that if you work through the soreness, it will go away faster. (plus, drink lots more water to wash out the lactic acid, but i am sure mom has told you that already!) then you get to a point where your muscles will get sore if you DON'T exercise.