Monday, July 21, 2008

horoscopes

My almost 3 year old woke up this morning and eagerly informed me that his little sister was now named Mavis. I got so tickled. We don't know anyone named Mavis, and it is such an unusual name I was taken aback, but still, it struck me as really funny. But, he didn't stop there. He said my name isn't Mommy anymore, it is Scullery. OK, that is fitting I reckoned. But, how does he know what a scullery maid is? When he got to his new name and called himself Diesel, I began to get suspicious. This boy has been watching too much Thomas the Tank Engine.

When we got downstairs, I went on a website that describes all the characters from Thomas and Friends. Then, I really got goosebumps, this boy is GOOD at his new-found "fortune telling" gig. Here are the descriptions of the three of us (now that we are trains):


Mavis - Mavis is a feisty young diesel engine. She is high-spirited, often doing things without thinking about their consequences. Her lack of experience often leads her into trouble, but she's smart and learns from her mistakes. She has a lot to learn about trucks, but, with Toby's help, she is learning to be a Really Useful Engine.
Skarloey (though pronounced Scullery by a 2 year old) - This bright red engine is dedicated to doing his job well and is always eager to work.
Diesel - Diesel is a devious diesel engine, who is always scheming and ever ready to stir up trouble.
Mavis Skarloey Diesel

3 comments:

Maria (also Bia) said...

Cranky Crane over here!

Anonymous said...

i guess this makes me george carlin's erson of sir toppamhat, bossy, but nice around the kiddies & in real life, a cranky old fart with a mouth like a sailor with tourette syndrome.

Anonymous said...

uh, that "erson" should be "version". i guess i was typing so fast, i missed the keys altogether. OOPS!