Tuesday, July 22, 2008

the moral of the story

Just got finished watching "The Last Mimzy", which is an odd little kid oriented sci-fi movie. If you have not seen it, this post will be jibber-jabber. At the end, the credits were rolling and the kids and I were scratching our heads trying to make sense of it all. I asked #3, the 8 year old, what she thought the moral of the story was.
"What do you mean?"
I knew I was taking a chance asking her, since I don't know if she had ever heard the term "moral of the story".
So I asked the question another way, "What can we take away from this movie and apply to our lives..... what to you think was the REAL thing that saved the future of the universe?"
"Love." She continued, "Like, I don't think it was really the girl's teardrop that saved the universe. But probably the love that made the teardrop."

I'll sit down and shut up now.
Did I mention she plays the violin?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you seem to be forgetting that she's the one who is 2 jumps ahead of you at all times. are you surprised by the depth of her answer?

:o) mg said...

I am not surprised, nor did I forget, (by the way, this was the answer I was expecting) but she just never fails to amaze me.
She has always been brilliant, thoughtful, and just as tender as buttercrisp lettuce.