Tuesday, July 17, 2007

rebel without a cause

Me 10 years ago: "I will NEVER be a minivan mom. Everyone has them and I don't want to be just like everyone else. Nope, you will never see me driving a minivan. Ew."

Me 3 years ago: "I don't ever want to get rid of my minivan. I love this thing. It's like a best friend."

Me a year ago: "I will NEVER buy a Suburban. Not that I think SUVs are ruining the environment, but, come on, everybody has one. I don't want to be like everyone else. They must be hard to drive. Besides, someone might think I'm a "soccer mom".

Me, now: "Y'know, honey, we were really cramped in the minivan on the way to NC. I can't imagine how much LESS room we will have once the kids get a little older and have bigger clothes. We really need a bigger vehicle. Which do you think is bigger, a Suburban or a Yukon XL? I'll bet we can find a really good deal on one right now."

No comments: