Tuesday, February 16, 2010

these 40 days

Lent begins in a half hour.... I am giving up Facebook and Starbucks Venti Breve Cappuccinos. There is a small chance I will join in with several of the other folks who live her in giving up ALL liquids other than water. King got a wild look in his eye after I asked him, "but what about the pot of coffee you have each morning?!?!" "Oh. Yeah. The coffee," was his reaction. But he is still going to attempt it. Perhaps Sundays will be filled with big pots of java as they are not counted in the 40 days.

I look forward to once again realizing just how much in need of a Savior I am. I realize this more and more each year and up until this very moment, I was thinking that there is something wrong with me, but perhaps, I shall entertain the thoughts that everything is right with this realization.

Rather than lamenting just how wretched I am because I cannot seem to stick to eating right or exercising... being so defined by the size of my jeans... perhaps I will focus on and rejoice in how much Christ loves me.

3 comments:

lizzerd said...

i am giving up sodas & caffeine (yikes!) i'm sticking to water, water with lemonade cubes, milk & the occasional glass of decaf tea with splenda.
i hope you're not giving up blogging. i'd miss reading about the adventures & misadventures of #4 & company!!!
of course, we'd still have the phone...& paris, we'll always have paris! hahha

Sandy said...

For those of you who are used to caffeine, going cold turkey might have create some problems, like headaches. When I gave up caffeine because my husband had too, I had headaches for a week.

Catherine B. said...

AMEN!!!! (on the last paragraph).