Wednesday, December 9, 2009

cancelled!

I'm pretty sure we've decided NOT to have our annual Christmas party this year. Besides, the date I reserved is about a week away, so it'd be rude to send out invitations this late in the game.

I feel a bit guilty because we've had it so long now.... but I know that friends will understand. I mean, I'd understand if they were so covered over with stuff that they couldn't see the light of day and wanted to get out from underneath at least one responsibility......

I just hope I won't be changing my mind at the last minute like in the book Skipping Christmas (made into a movie called Christmas with the Kranks starring Tim Allen and Jamie Lee Curtis).

2 comments:

lizzerd said...

i can imagine with folks having to tighten their financial belts, a lot of folks have had to cancel party plans, so i am sure folks will be more than understanding if you have too much going on. if not, they are not your friends!

Sandy said...

But I can see you being able to pull that off just like Jamie Lee did.