Sunday, April 12, 2009

even a glimmer

Happy Easter!
Sometimes I am overwhelmed at the gift that Christ is. Hard to imagine, especially on those days when I am not feeling my best, when my self-esteem is in the toilet, but when I try to even get an inkling of how much I am loved by my Creator, it is unimaginable.
Our church's bulletin contained these enriching thoughts today, which I agree are worth contemplating:
The highest aim in life: to know God and to do His will
The most enriching good habit: complimenting others
The most destructive bad habit: worry
The greatest joy: giving
The most satisfying work: helping others
The ugliest personality trait: selfishness
The most endangered species: dedicated leaders
The greatest natural resource: our youth
The ugliest look: a frown
The greatest "shot in the arm": encouragement
The greatest problem to overcome: fear
The most effective sleeping pill: peace of mind
The most crippling failure disease: excuses
The surest way to limit God: unbelief
The most powerful force in life: love
The most dangerous piranha: a gossiper
The greatest life-giver: Our Creator
The world's most incredible computer: the brain
The worst thing to be without: hope
The deadliest weapon: the tongue
The two most power-filled words: "I can"
The greatest asset: faith
The most worthless emotion: self-pity
The most beautiful attire: a smile
The most prized possession: self-esteem
The most powerful channel of communication: prayer
The most contagious spirit: salvation
The greatest attribute of Jesus: obedience
The greatest: God!
I wish you and your family a very Happy Easter season in which you get a glimmer of God's amazing love for you.

No comments: