Sunday, April 19, 2009

dispelling myths

Tofu! Scary, right? Nah, 'tis nothing to be afraid of. Trust me. I ate it for lunch and am having leftovers for dinner.

I cubed and sauteed an onion, two zucchini, threw in some garlic, some salt, and a good healthy dose of basil. Then while that was getting started, I cubed the tofu (firm) and tossed it in there after the veggies started to get soft and produced some liquid. I let it continue cooking until most of the liquid was cooked off.

The kids were very curious about how it would taste and once the first one was brave enough to try, they all "fell" and ended up loving it. I was sort of hoping they'd hate it and I wouldn't have to share.

Anyhoo. Tofu. Bean curd. The brunt of many jokes. Takes on the taste of whatever flavor you put it with. I prefer serving it with Mediterranean flavors. mmmm... darned tasty.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Yeah tofu!..My kids call it "toe-food". They think that is hilarious...but they'll tolerate a few pieces.

Sandy said...

I had some curried tofu from Whole Foods in the prepared food section and I loved it.

Maria (also Bia) said...

it actually sounds good.

lizzerd said...

remember, birkenstocks are in european sizes. hahaha well, you'll save money on razors now too!
;)