Sunday, October 5, 2008

newest acquisition

King told me a couple of months ago that all he wanted for his birthday was a bike for me. How sweet was that? Well, his birthday came and went. I got him 2 outfits, but no bike. (I actually have an antique bike that one of my favorite cousins bought for me several years ago. It is a lime green cruiser. It needs a tune up. It is great to use on flat ground.) Since our neighborhood is filled with hills, I needed a bike with gears so that I can burn several calories getting to the top. So, after lunch today, we went to a local sports store and found a hybrid bike. Basically a geared cruiser.
We got home and I had to absolutely sit on my hands until we went for a ride.
Number 1 babysat for us while King and I went for a ride. Going up those hills was killer, but fairly easy with the gears. (I've never understood the concept of bike gears until today.) I got a fantastic workout and now I wish I could be biking right this very moment.

Lemmie just say, coming back down the big hill is WAY more fun than the way up! Whooo hooooo!

1 comment:

Maria (also Bia) said...

You'll have to come for a bike ride with me some Saturday morning on the canal...it's so beautiful (and relatively flat, too). Another place we bike is the Greeneway.

Blessings.