Thursday, October 9, 2008

frustrations

Among the overwhelming frustrations this week, I have tried in vain to get my house clean. To no avail. The wee ones in my life and a few of their friends are like a professional demolition team.
At lunch today, for example, it came to pass that I had baby food carrots all over me, the floor, the oven door and cooktop, the lower cabinets, and oddly enough, the upper cabinets - so far up that I couldn't even reach to clean them without the aid of a stepstool. All due to just the right "land" when a container of Gerber pureed carrots went *splat* onto the floor. Wanna know the most ironic thing of all? The container was still more than halfway filled - no lie!
After crying out to God aloud and getting everything wiped up, as I was eating my now cold soup (I know, poor me, right?) I kept thinking about a time not too far off in the future when I will be free from all stresses of these four walls.

No comments: