Thursday, October 23, 2008

never too old to say really cute stuff

Number 3, my beautiful third grader is making her birthday list (she'll be 9 on All Saint's Day) and wants to buy some "lip chap" with her birthday money.
I just simply don't have what it takes to correct her. I know that is probably child abuse, or neglect at best, setting her up for embarrassment later down the road... I don't care. It is just plain adorable. Who knows, she may even know it is really called chap stick.
When she was a wee thing (3 - 4ish) she called a knife a "life". Finally I told her once that although the correct word for said object was "knife", I preferred her to keep calling it a "life" at least while she was at home.
I know. Go ahead. Call DFCS.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She missed my birthday by one day. Of course, I am older than 9.

Anonymous said...

aww. sarah calls makeup "nakeup" and naked is "maked" too cute!