Sunday, January 27, 2008

tagged

OK, PJ, I saw that I was tagged on your blog site. I, too, am fairly new to this whole thing, so bear with me. Though I don't mind being tagged at all, since probably about 4 people read my blog, I think I will only tag my sister, as she needs to update her blog (not public) because her last entry is dated November 30, 2007.
So, Liz, you are tagged! Here are the rules (follow them as you see fit):
The rules for this meme are:(1) Link to the person that tagged you.(2) Post the rules on your blog.(3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.(4) Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.(5) Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.

Without further adieu, six non-important things about me:
1) I think anything can be a piece of art. I once bought shadow boxes and framed 4 forks and 4 knives and 4 spoons in each. Then I hung them in my dining room. I thought that was the coolest thing. Still do, despite the fact that the silverplate tarnished (ah, the pleasures of gas heat) and I got tired of taking the frames apart to polish the utensils. I now have my grandmother's measuring cup (which is aluminum) which she used for many many years in a shadow box designed to hold a baseball or softball.
2) Folding clothes is an area where I tend to be quite A-R/OCD. Each thing has to be folded just the right way. I know, I know, they make medicine for that.
3) My house is dusty and I cannot stand to dust. I am considering telling visitors that the dust layer is an art medium for my children, in case they have a moment of creativity.
4) I love to throw a party. In fact, I am thinking of making number 1's thirteenth party a 1950's Sock-Hop theme and not only inviting her friends, but their parents as well!!!
5) If, as a teenager, I could have seen in a crystal ball the prude I would turn into by the age of 40, I may have died laughing.
6) I hate television. The only thing worth watching is stuff I have seen a gajillion times, such as every Bewitched episode (the first Darrin was the best), or I Dream of Jeanie (never liked Major Nelson or his stupid friend).

5 comments:

Julie said...

Hey, Thanks for stopping by to visit.

What part of Georgia are you in?

We are in Ellijay, having moved from Kennesaw.

I'll have to bookmark your blog so I can find you again.

I can't even count how many blogs I have been to in the last few weeks and would have NO idea how to get back to them!

Have a blessed evening,
Julie

Anonymous said...

sorry to disappoint, but that tagging thing will die with me.

PJ said...

I love the "art medium" explanation for dust!!! Get Well cards on the mantel work well too as a housework excuse!!! LOL

:o) mg said...

Well, Lizz~
Y'know every party has a pooper!?!?!

Maria (also Bia) said...

...and you're great at hosting parties! (I think the sock hop idea sounds fun!)

also, dust as an art medium...you're a genius!

i hope everyone is feeling better. God bless.