Sunday, January 27, 2008

a great gift

Tonight was the first night of our Christmas gift to my father-in-law.
His Christmas present was a little "coupon book" filled with dates that we marked in our calendars, one Sunday per month, where I fix a meal and we have him over. That way he gets a home cooked meal on a regular basis and, more importantly, we get to spend time with him. It was so wonderful. Everyone pitched in and spiffed up the house. I even got a little help in the kitchen.
He enjoys German food, so I made something my Mom just told me about. On top of boneless/skinless chicken breasts you put drained and rinsed sauerkraut, thousand island dressing, and Swiss cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for an hour. Easy and quite tasty.

Yep, I can see that this Christmas present is going to be a great gift - for ALL of us - the whole year through!

2 comments:

PJ said...

What a lovely idea for a gift! Sounds like lots of fun.

I tagged you for a meme. It's a fun one if and when you feel like it.

Anonymous said...

that's sweet! i know that will be a good one for all of you. the kids will always remember this as a fond memory!