Wednesday, January 2, 2008

the most dreaded four-letter word

DIET!
Yeppers, mine started today. You pick whichever one works best for you, but I prefer low carb.
Well, actually I prefer to ignore my health and blindly go on eating Breyers ice cream by the ton, but really there is no good end to that. Plus, there are only so many X-es you can put on clothes. I saw that Wal Mart has exercise clothes that go up to a size 5x. Thankfully I stopped this train a few stations short of that one.
In fact, last night I was a walking stereotype of the post-holiday shopper. If anyone at Wal Mart tracks this sort of thing, (to be written about in some fluff news piece) I fit the mold perfectly.
Everything in my shopping cart had to do with one of three things:
-weight loss
-organization
-cleaning

So, howz about you, what's in your post-holiday cart?

1 comment:

Maria (also Bia) said...

I hate that "d" word, too. The "e" word (as in, exercise) is not too great, either. Both, however, have been part of my vocabulary lately. Ugh.

In my post holiday shopping cart? Granola, fruit, veggies, and a few snacks (they're for the boys, in case you were wondering!).

God bless.