Wednesday, January 9, 2008

oh, good grief

King came home last night from a dinner for an organization where he serves as president of the board. "Hm.. my tummy sure does hurt. I hope I don't have food poisoning."
An hour or so later he was retching. Poor thing. And I feel so helpless. There is absolutely nothing I can do to help, other than to pray for his healing. So that is what I did. He slept downstairs so that he wouldn't wake the children. Today he said he felt marginally better. Now, though, he is running fever and is again asleep on the couch.
You know what this means, right?
It wasn't bad jambalaya. King has a (dum dum dee dum) VIRUS.
*sigh*
The next couple of dominoes to fall: sick kids, sick mom. Or vice versa. In either case, I don't have time to be sick. Are you kidding me? I don't even have time to shave my stupid, hairy legs. Or give myself a pedicure. Much less do I have time for something that I don't enjoy... like yowling at my reflection in the river Kohler.
I despise throwing up. *sigh* I feel frustrated like Charlie Brown with the blacked-in thought bubble over his head. I'm going to bed.

3 comments:

Leah said...

Hey, mg, just replying to your comment from my post. I was not offended by your previous comment. I even had a friend, who is a very devout Christian and dream interpreter, review my dream. She gave me a bit more insight, and confirmed what me and my hubby had already suspected. Change and blessings. The hard part is finding the right road to be on so we continue on that path of blessings.

Anonymous said...

there's a nasty stomach bug going around up here. luckily, it seems to move on pretty quickly. i hope all is well very soon!!

Maria (also Bia) said...

oh, my. usually such nasty viruses are introduced to the family via the bambinos, but in this case . . . your poor hubby. and poor you!! isolate your husband, walk around armed with lysol wipes, wash your hands until they are chapped, and maybe, maybe all of you won't get it! Let's be optimistic, shall we?! God bless.