Monday, April 25, 2011

update from outside these four walls

We planted our earth box gardens 9 days ago and the plants have grown so much. Just the tomatoes alone have grown about 7 inches! The cukes and squashes have each grown about 4 inches.

Also, Mamma Thrasher, who had constructed the coarse foundation on the day I took pictures, finished the inside of her nest the next two days afterward with much finer material. Today I peeked in and she was sitting on at least one egg. I didn't get a good look in there because I felt bad for scaring her away.

As I type this, I am looking out of the window and there are three Mourning Doves playing in the bird bath.



**************************

This Thursday is no. 2's birthday. He will be 14. Pretty soon these kids will catch up to my age and we can all be young adults together!!

Oh, and whaddaya get for a 14 year old boy?

No comments: