Friday, June 25, 2010

battlescar dermactica

When I was a pre-teen and teenager I would make sure all the pores on my face were not "clogged" and I would soak cotton squares with alcohol and remove all the oil from my skin. Severe? Yes. But I had the best skin ever!

Since becoming a mother, I have barely had time to shower alone, much less waste tons of time staring into a mirror taking care of "pore congestion" (as it is called by estheticians).
Today, however, there were a couple of things I wanted to address; to be more specific: milia.

I sat in front of a bright window, with a magnifying mirror with sterilized needle in hand, alcohol and cotton balls nearby. Poke, squeeze, wipe, burn. Scrub! Scrub! Scrub!

As I type this, although there is still a bit of swelling (did I mention that rubbing alcohol burns quite a bit?) my face is as smooth as it was in the 5th grade when my teacher remarked at how nice my skin was. Therefore, I have come to the following conclusion:

Rubbing alcohol is the fountain of youth.

1 comment:

Perryn said...

and it goes down real smooth with a tonne of ice and diet coke........