Monday, November 23, 2009

coasting into a very thankful time

This year we are staying home for Thanksgiving. For that I am thankful. I do wish we could spend time with family, but everyone is scattered about the southeast and, for the most part, has plans to stick close to home. Everyone needs a bye year, right?

The thing that brings me close to tears because it will be so wonderful, is the relaxed do-what-you-want pace we are planning. King will be playing golf with a very good friend of his, our #2, and their #1. I will no doubt be sewing something and perhaps will venture out and "save money" by shopping on the most insane retail weekend of the year. But maybe not. I have only "done" the day after Thanksgiving sales once - last year. My partner in crime who talked me into climbing on the roller coaster ride that is Black Friday will be someplace way far away.. I think near where Dorothy and Toto live.

Here is just a handful of things for which we are thankful:
  • God's grace
  • family whose love is unconditional
  • friends (the family you would handpick if you could)
  • our health
  • the sheer beauty of God's design

May you be abundantly blessed by Him not only this time of year, but always.

Look at the beauty just outside our front door!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Although I am abundently thankful for the Kentucky part of our wonderful family and enjoy very much spending time with them EVERY Thanksgiving...I am insanely jealous of you and your 'relaxed do-what-you-want-pace'!

lizzerd said...

i wish so badly that y'all were coming to mom's. i think mr & bob are not coming until saturday. juan won't be able to go because he will need to sleep all day thursday & has a very hard tie sleeping anywhere but his own wallow, i mean, bed.
i'm thankful for my fave sister & her adorable family!!!