Monday, March 30, 2009

careful where you sit in our house

If a ball is the world's greatest toy, then a toot is the world's funniest sound.
Over the weekend, we ran out of milk and bread, so the whole family journeyed to the store. We found several bargains: reduced for quick sale spring mix salad, asparagus (which is normally $3.99/lb) was $.99/lb., as well as a couple of packs of fajita beef which were $2.00 per pack. However, once we got to the aisle that also included children's toys, all those savings went out the window.
Our oldest son ran over and grabbed a whoopee cushion and showed it to his 3 year old brother. "Pfffffft!" he pushed the trapped air out as his prodigy guffawed. Again and again he made giant fart sounds with the toy. I thought my toot-sound-lovin' fourth-born was going to need CPR. He could barely catch his breath.
King was not amused. (Yes, he does have testosterone coursing through his body, but he was worried someone would "hear" it. Which, of course, is what made it so funny to the rest of the family.) Finally, he agreed to let the kids put it into the buggy (shopping cart to those of you not in the south), but told them they were not allowed to play with it until we got home.

Since then, there has been much laughter. The kids try to sneak it into an unsuspecting soul's chair (they got me once) and they laugh so hard that they gasp for breath.

Cost of whoopee cushion: $2.99
Fun had since Sunday afternoon at 2 p.m. : priceless


4 comments:

lizzerd said...

your father would be so proud. hahaha

Sandy said...

I was feeling extremely down today, but boy, that made me laugh out loud. Thanks for making me feel better.

Laura said...

My 3 year old nephew got his hands on one of those last summer.
He thought it was hysterical.
My mother.....so did not and took it from him.
He was so sad.

kathy Gillen said...

Hey...I'm back! I haven't blogged for so long but now I have a new venture. But anyway...LOVED the story. My brother once stuck a whoopie cushion under my grandmother..she acted liked nothing happened because I think she thought maybe something had! Nice to see you...we are all well. New blog: www.wellnessroadtrip.com
Kathy formally of lessons from the laundry