Thursday, May 22, 2008

but the acoustics in here are great

Earlier tonight, during the final stretch before the two little ones finally go to bed for the night and I get to stop answering the question "Mommy?" (which, I will allow myself a tad bit of a tangent here - why is it that kids can't just ask the question? Why do they have to do the "Mommy???" thing first? I mean, if I could only hear it once or twice a day, I don't think it would grate my nerves as much. Nails on a chalkboard have nothing on answering the question before the question.)
So, where was I before I digressed? Oh yes, number five, that sweet little baby, was in the bathtub splish-splashing and having a grand time when all of a sudden, behind me I hear her slightly older brother.

You know the one.

His voice sounds BIG. I whip around to see what in the world has given his voice quality such robustness.

And then I did it. Again. I made a sentence with words that wouldn't normally go together, like the day (12 1/2 years ago, in fact) that I said, "Don't drool on my blue suede shoes!" Only it went something like this:
"Son!?!?!?! Get. Your. HEAD! Out of the toilet!!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i swear you should be a stand up comedian!!!!

Maria (also Bia) said...

Uhm, what exactly was he doing with his head in the toilet?

Just curious . . .

Kathy Gillen said...

Was it for the echo affect? Did he offer to clean it while he was in there? Yikes! Boys!

:o) mg said...

Kathy, you are right, it was simply a matter of testing out the acoustics. And, thankfully, I had just cleaned it a couple of hours earlier. (whew!) Although, he WAS next in the bath lineup.