Thursday, June 28, 2007

eight is enough

My sister and her three daughters (ages 10, 3, and 2) are here visiting for a couple of days. The three year old has decided that she is in charge. (Well, of course she is, she's three!) It is hilarious to hear the things that come out of her mouth. But the thing that cracks me up the most is when she gets mad at my sister for (insert reason here) whatever and bellyaches that "it's not fairrrrrrr!" Oh my. What the heck does a three year old know about fairness? Too funny!
She is also the "go to girl" for whatever you need to know. For instance, #4 fell down as a result of #2 leaning back in his chair (he fell backward and knocked the poor little buggah down). My niece goes up to my sister and says, "You wanna know what happened, I'll tell you what happened. He fell!"

The kids are having a blast. And we are getting quite a few chuckles every hour on the hour. (Well, every hour except from 5:30 to 6:30 pm.... that's no fun.)

Eight kids. 3900 sq. ft. Never a dull moment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This brings back memories. I remember my Mom saying to one of my siblings, "Who appointed you the town crier? I don't want to hear it. Go outside and play."