Saturday, June 23, 2007

absence makes the heart grow fonder

Ah, I was able to get away from these four walls for more than just a grocery store run. Last night I was gone for 7 hours - got home at nearly 1 am! I helped a friend with a decorating dilemma- what to put on the newly painted den walls. Now, granted, it's a far cry from the kinds of things that USED to keep me out past midnight, but, I didn't wake up with a hangover either.
After sitting in her room and discussing some options, we went out to get a big bunch of picture frames in varying shapes and sizes, then grabbed a salad at the only place that was still open at 9:30pm, then back to her house for the "hanging". It wasn't "trip-to-the-spa" relaxing, it was better. It was the "have-a-splash-of-creativity-and-productivity-all-topped-off-with-dinner-with-a-girl-friend" kind of relaxing.
Ennyhoo, it was just the right prescription for what ailed me apparently. I was able to come home and have a renewed approach to the drudgery that life as a stay-at-home mom of 5 can sometimes be.

No comments: