Saturday, January 19, 2013

never fully grown

It's easiest to say the question was put upon my heart...
......but truthfully
it appeared in the "knowing place"
where the Holy Spirit writes upon my soul.
 
The Conversation Room, I'll call it. 

Is your faith growing? Specifically, how has your faith grown in the past five years? 

Imonna be honest, it's a tough one to answer.  Sometimes I feel as though I am either stagnant or moving backward.  Am I going to Mass more often?  No.  Am I reading the Bible more?  Sort of, but not measurably.  (I am in a group that is studying Scott Hahn's course Our Moral Life In Christ) 

I guess the most growth (albeit reluctant) has been in the times that God has gently reminded me that He is in control.  He has shown me I need to
 
1) step out of my comfort zone and step onto a stepping stone, the "thin air" of faith - ie going along with King's crazy idea of increasing our tithe by 25% during a year when we need to be socking money away for a quickly approaching tuition due date.
 
2) step away from anything that distracts me from glorifying God
 
3) say "no" and not feel guilty about it
 
 
Erg, I am such an Israelite stuck for so long in a big desert.  This may take awhile.



No comments: