Wednesday, October 17, 2012

keepin' it real

Although Answers dot com tells me it can't happen, I swear I am an adult who is developing Autism.  My brain has turned from one that craved being involved with lots of friends, family, hubby and kids - wonderful interpersonal relationships -  to one that is just made of wheels, gears, cogs, and lists off of which items need to be checked.  A brain that releases serotonin only when projects are completed... which is hardly ever.  Sad.

Apparently I am not the only person who suffers with this same fear, because when I started typing the words, "can a person develop" the option popped up for "can a person develop autism in adulthood." 

So, whether it's Autism or early onset 'something' or 'another', I am going to convince myself that it's just a phase and that one day it will all be just fine. 

1 comment:

Anita said...

It's the "Get It Done Yesterday" phase of life. This too shall pass! Strange thing is...you'll remember it fondly and miss it. No. Really.