Sunday, June 3, 2012

one of those 'wish you were here' moments

I love that my kids enjoy watching cooking shows on PBS on the weekend, especially today.

This morning we were out of milk, so I made the little kids a strawberry smoothie to go with a nice sized slice of slightly sweet zucchini bread that my sister-in-law made.  The smoothie reminded no 4 of a cooking show he had seen the day before, Sara's Cooking Show, in which they made a watermelon smoothie. 

"I'll have to find that recipe and make it for you one day," I said.  Then I asked him what were some of his other favorite chefs.

"Ooh, there is this one lady named Julia and she is good."

"Is she the one that sort of talks funny?" I asked him.

I just wish you could have heard him.  His impersonation of Julia Childs talking about the Chiffon Cake she and her guest, Mary Bergin, were making was HILARIOUS!

Out of the blue, he scrunched up his mouth really small and said, "Lovely... it has nice holes in it."  He sounded Just.Like.Her.


Here beginning at timestamp 7:40
Oh, and as a sidenote, doesn't that Chiffon Cake look "lovely"?

2 comments:

vcrick said...

I wish that I was there too!

Anita said...

Out of the mouth of babes...