Thursday, February 24, 2011

brrr

After a glorious break from the cold, God allowed the Sun to shine and warm us up for about a week or so. In fact, the break in the cold must have tricked some of the plants into blooming because there is already a thin layer of pollen on everything! (insert sarcastic teenage-like grunt with upper lip scrunch here) The temps were in the mid to upper 60's and one day it nearly climbed to 80!

And then we awake today and despite the fact that it is 45 degrees, it may as well be 10 below zero.
b-b-bbrrrr.... freezing!


It's that kind of cold that gets into your bones and makes you shiver from the inside. Course, it doesn't help that I am also sleepy (King and I stayed awake 'til midnight doing our taxes). All I want to do is to climb back into bed and turn on my electric blanket and snooze the rest of the morning.

*excuse me while I pause and reflect on a simpler time when I could actually do that.
There.
I'm better now.
Thanks for indulging me.


So, onto the next activity: plans for lunch and dinner. I'm thinking soup. What about you?

No comments: