Tuesday, February 10, 2009

what will fill these unused hours?

A couple of months ago I bought a garment steamer at the fabric store. Let me just take this opportunity to climb aboard my happy box and tell you what a great purchase that was.

I have gotten to the point that I despise ironing. I used to enjoy it. Especially on a rainy day, in front of Regis and (then) Kathy Lee, I'd lower the ironing board, sit on the couch and iron away. Not now. My "good iron" simply wore out and I bought a new one. It is a piece of cdddap (to be said in a Scottish accent). The bottom of it is rounded and it falls off my ironing board. It is dangerous to the floor, to my legs, and to the small souls underfoot. Both King and I decided that we would gladly pay exorbitant amounts of money to the dry cleaners just so that we wouldn't have to drag said "cdddap" out of the laundry room closet.

But now, once again, I look forward to ridding my family's clothes of their wrinkles. In fact, just because it is so much fun to use, I even steam the tee shirts. BAH HA HA HA. Imagine that. Who wudda thunk it?!?!?! I Googled images of garment steamers, and it looks as if there are a ton which are better quality than mine. Perhaps one day I will aspire to replace this little sweetie with one of them. But for now, I am in wrinkle free heaven.

If you don't already have one, you can imagine I would encourage you to get one. And, I am thinking it would make the perfect gift for newlyweds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wrinkle-free clothes & a great facial--all in one! haha
those things are great. that's what retail stores use to get the wrinkles out of new shipments. i don't iron at all. i just spritz things with water & toss them in the dryer for a few mins. lazy, yes, i know.