Thursday, February 5, 2009

on egocentrism

Remember your college psychology class?
Having a three year old is a constant reminder of the definition of egocentrism. Here was my morning dose of it.
Me: "Honey, your 20 minutes on the computer is up. Turn your game off and go play with some toys."
T'is Himself: "NOOOOOO... I don't want to stop playing computer."
Me: "I know, honey. But you will need to turn it off and do as I say."
T'is Himself: "I don't want to I said." crying
Me: "One..."
T'is Himself: screams. cries. "I want some juice!!"
Me: "I just gave you some 10 minutes ago, if it is gone, you will need to wait for lunchtime."
T'is Himself: "I don't want to wait til lunchtime. I want it now." cries. screams.
Me: "You will need to go climb into bed now. You are tired. You got to bed late and woke up too early."
T'is Himself: "Nooooooo... I don't want to!"
Me: finally agitated "I don't want to hear what you want or don't want."
*sigh*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nooooo.......if I have to hear that word one more time when I have the baby, I am going to pull my hair out.